2019 Range Rover Sport vs. 2019 Range Rover Velar
When West Chester, PA drivers compare the 2019 Range Rover Sport vs. 2019 Range Rover Velar, they can expect a luxury SUV experience. But depending on your style and preferences, one performance SUV may better suit your needs. The Range Rover Sport offers awe-inspiring off-road capabilities, and the Velar is known for its stylish interior and amenities. Explore the Velar vs. Range Rover Sport to find out which SUV best suits your tastes.
Range Rover SUV Specs
- Price: The Range Rover Sport starts at $67,050 MSRP, while the Range Rover Velar starts at $58,700 MSRP. The Velar is also available in the R-Dynamic configuration, which starts at $58,700 MSRP and features many luxurious additions.
- Seating: Both Range Rover SUVs seat up to five passengers standard, but the Range Rover Sport is available with third-row seating that seats two extra passengers for a 7-seater SUV.
- Cargo Space: The Range Rover Sport is larger than the Velar, but the Velar actually offers more cargo space. The Velar gives you 34.4 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row, while the Range Rover Sport offers 24.8 feet behind the second row.
Range Rover Interior
The 2019 Range Rover Sport and 2019 Range Rover Velar offer similar features on the technology front, but the Velar interior offers some more options like a Dapple Grey Premium Textile interior. Some features you can expect on either Range Rover configuration include:
- InControl® Infotainment: Take advantage of an Incontrol® Touch Pro™ Duo system, which boasts two paired 10-inch touchscreens. You’ll also get a standard 12-inch high-definition Interactive Driver Display, which can be equipped with an optional Head-Up Display.
- Entertainment Features: The Range Rover Sport comes standard with an 8-speaker Enhanced Sound System (250W), and the Velar comes standard with an 8-speaker Land Rover Sound System. Both models feature connectivity like InControl® App Suite, Pro services, and an available rear entertainment system.
- Seating and Upholstery: The Range Rover Sport offers standard Grained Leather 14-way Power Seats with Memory. When you choose the Velar, you can upgrade to 10-way Power Seats with Memory, in addition to Luxtec or Suedecloth upholstery.
Range Rover Performance
When you choose the Range Rover Sport, you can select one of six engine options, from the 3.0L Td6 to a supercharged 5.0L gas V8 with SVR. Additionally, you can now get the Sport with a 2.0L Plug-in Hybrid engine.
The Velar, on the other hand, has a standard Turbocharged 2.0L 4-Cylinder engine. It’s also available with a 2.0L 4-Cylinder turbocharged diesel engine as well as a 3.0L supercharged gas V6. Here’s how these Range Rover configurations stack up in terms of performance features:
- Horsepower: The introductory Sport offers 340 hp, while the base Velar engine is capable of 247 hp. Top-of-the-line horsepower on either model is 575 hp and 380 hp on the Sport and Velar respectively.
- Off-Road Capability: No matter which Range Rover you choose, you can benefit from Terrain Response® 2 off-road technology in addition to available Air Suspension to increase ground clearance. The Range Rover Sport offers more off-road ready features than the Velar.
- Towing Capacity: The Range Rover Sport towing capacity is 7,716 pounds on its base engine, while the Velar Towing capacity is 5,291 pounds on the base engine option.
Find Your Next Range Rover at Land Rover Wilmington
Whether you choose the athletic Range Rover Sport of luxurious Range Rover Velar, your West Chester, PA drive is sure to become a lot more exciting. The Sport may be a better option if you’re looking to off-road, while those who need a little more cargo space may choose the Velar. Be sure to contact us at your convenience when you’re ready to take a test drive near Rehoboth Beach! You can also compare the Range Rover Evoque vs. Range Rover Sport to learn more.
*2018 models shown